One day at the beach, the waves were so big that the beach was closed, the girls skin was so rashy we were planning on keeping them out of the sand anyway. It was sprinkling but we decided to head up to Currituck lighthouse anyway. It rained the whole way there, but slowed to a slow sprinkle just long enough for us to get out and see the lighthouse, and of course the gift shop (one of the girls favorites parts of vacation since they have been on a spending freeze all summer...so they would have money to spend on vacation).
We got back in the van and started back to the beach house. The rain had made huge mud puddles....more like "ponds" in the middle of the road. So, like any responsible mom, I drove us straight into them (after Craig's prompting) and the girls were giggling and laughing so hard. Even on this wet, dreary looking day....Kiley said, "Mom, this is the best day ever!"

1 comment:
Awww... thank you for posting more pictures! I love to see how your girls are growing- how I miss you (I wish your dream would come true!)
Post a Comment