For those of you without girls, you may not totally understand this entry...But for those of you with girls...I'm sure you will (unless, perhaps they have 4 brothers, or a testosterone leaven family).
Part 1: Ashlyn just started dance this year at Kingdom's Feet. She has been waiting for this moment since about her 2nd birthday. You see, she's always gone to Kiley's dance and watched with me and practiced with her at home. She knows shuffle step, dig, toe...plie (plee-ay), the whole nine yards (or I guess the whole ensemble) for a 3 year old. Her first class was last week and she doesn't understand time, so each day she thinks perhaps it's dance day again....
Today she was thrilled that it actually was!
Part 2: With both my girls, shoes that make noise when you walk and dresses that twirl when you twirl, are the two most important things to look for in apparel. Without these qualities, the best and prettiest of dresses don't seem to cut it.
Part 3: This is what I found tonight just past midnight as I went into the girls room to put away some laundry....
Tap shoes, and her twirly Christmas nightgown.....

2 comments:
OK, I finally chechek your blog again, and I think it is too cute that your girls will do that! Riley , having four brothers, will never do that, and she actually takes it as a threat when I tell her she will be dansing soon...but I love that other girls will be girly! Thanks for posting Dana!
Remind me to check my spelling before I post a comment! :)
Post a Comment