We have to pretend that it's really cold outside to help us stay in the Christmas Spirit. Not really though, I really don't have trouble there because I love Christmas and have no problem putting up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving! But it is hard to believe that it's nearly 80 degrees outside!
The girls have been very patient (well kind of) with me. I've been telling them we will do Christmas cookies for at least a few days now, but with everything that goes with these skin infections and the work involved in getting things clean, bathing, spraying, spot medicating, and lotioning two girls in addition to calling doctors and researching specialist and alternatives to antibiotics, we've just ran out of time each day. We started to do them last night, then I realized the dough had to be refrigerated. So today was the day. Although we had to finish schoolwork, three loads of laundry, chores, phone calls about medical stuff, running to the post office, calling another pharmacy to try and track down what the doctor ordered, and then visiting another pharmacy to finally find what we needed, although we can't get it until tomorrow. All this to say, it was nearing 4pm by the time we got around to the cookies. But they had a great time....although I think my conf. sugar is stale. The icing tastes like powder, and once I thought about it, I think the conf. sugar has been in the pantry at least a couple years?

No comments:
Post a Comment