Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day






I'm a little late in posting about Christmas, since it's almost March, but we had a great Christmas. Both girls received bikes from us and Ashlyn got a Leapster from mamaw and papaw and Kiley an ipod. Kiley also got a small video camera (the bike was suppose to be a birthday present, but daddy couldn't wait). There were other things from relatives that they loved, but I just can't think of them now, since it's been two months!

We spent a quiet day at home and were later joined by my parents and sister with her family.

For those of you looking for some way to lead up to Christmas, an advent book, we have read Tabitha's Travels in the past and this year I found Jotham's Journey. We got it too late to incorporate this season, but Tabitha's Travels is awesome! It follows this girl, Tabitha, through her life which leads her to the Jesus' birth. I can't say enough about it. Very gripping and each day's reading is a cliff hanger. Kiley loves it and this year Ashlyn was able to appreciate it as well.

No comments: