I've always wondered what sparked Darwin's imagination....what would make a man go from seeing the beautiful creation the Lord has made, to believing that we evolved from apes??? Well, today, I think I figured it out!!!!
We had another house full of girls today. Kiley's friend, Brittany, is staying with us a couple days and I had the Carballo girls as well. This afternoon they all went outside to play (except me and Bella). After about 20 minutes, I went out to check on them, and this is what I saw. Brittany can climb like a monkey! No really, it's amazing! At first I was stunned, concerned, and had flashes of us sitting in the ER while I call her parents to let them know what had happened. Then I saw how she could just hang on, flip around, and maneuver like spiderman! Now I'm really wondering, are most kids like this? Are my two the only ones that are cautious and carefully take each step on the playground, making sure there is no room for error? (Although Ashlyn is a bit more daring)
Well, Kiley, (thinking it can't be that hard), decided to give it a try. She got up there ok...but it didn't quite come naturally. Then, she really had a hard time coming down..it took step by step instructions from Mom to get her down. While, on the other hand, Britt would start at one end and climb to the top and hang while she swooped to the other, about 5 times while Kiley is trying to get down.
So, I think that's it! Darwin must have had children or neices and nephews with spiderman blood!

No comments:
Post a Comment